Basic facts about tennis racquet frames
- A heavier frame generates more power.
- A heavier frame vibrates less.
- A stiffer frame generates more power.
- A more flexible frame transmits more vibration to the arm than a stiff frame.
- A stiffer frame transmits more of the shock load to the arm than a more flexible frame.
- A stiffer frame provides a more uniform ball response across the entire string plane.
- A larger frame (either be being longer, or by having a larger hitting surface) generates more power.
- A larger frame is more resistant to twisting.
- A longer frame generates more velocity and therefore more power.
- The string bed in a longer frame allows the generation of more spin due to increased velocity.
- A head-light, flexible frame is better for your arm than a stiff, head-heavy frame.*
* Many racquet characteristics can be altered through customization, but stiffness is not one of them.